Abrasive Wheels Online Training Course
Abrasive Wheels Online Training Course
£15.00 + VAT
Discount per quantity
|2 - 9||£12.50|
|10 - 49||£10.00|
An online Abrasive Wheels Training Course designed to increase awareness for anyone who uses an abrasive wheel as part of their work activities. A free Abrasive Wheels Inspection Checklist and the HSE document HSG17 downloads included in this Abrasive Wheels course. You can earn your abrasive wheels training certificate in just 90 minutes with this first class online course.
Abrasive Wheels Training Course Overview
- PLEASE NOTE: This course cannot be taken on a mobile phone
- Professional Online Training Course
- RoSPA Certified
- Course can be taken on desktop, laptop or tablet
- Instant 24/7 access
- Download the certificate upon completion
- Bulk discounts available
- Chartered health and safety e-learning supplier
Abrasive Wheels Training Course Online
Nearly half of the workplace accidents involving abrasive wheels are due to an unsafe work system or operator error. This indicates that many of these incidents can be avoided if the risks of working with abrasive wheels are clearly communicated, and the correct safety measures are adopted.
With the appropriate training in place, you could significantly reduce the risk of an injury such as friction burns, crushed fingers and loss of eyesight which are the most common amongst abrasive wheel operators.
This Abrasive Wheels Online Training Course is designed to assist in reducing the risk of injury for anyone who uses abrasive wheels at work. It guides you through the different types of abrasive wheels, how to identify and store them, and how they should be used safely.
Also, within the Abrasive Wheels Training Course, there are links to download a PDF version of the HSEs publication HSG17 - Safety in the use of abrasive wheels and an Abrasive Wheels Self-Inspection Safety Checklist for use within your organisation.
What Is Abrasive Wheels Training?
Abrasive wheels training is a course or program of instruction on the safe use of abrasive wheel tools and equipment, such as angle grinders, bench grinders, and cut-off saws. The training covers topics such as wheel selection, inspection, and storage, proper mounting and balancing, PPE requirements, and safe operation procedures.
Who Is Abrasive Wheels Training For?
This abrasive wheel training is ideal for anyone who is likely to operate an abrasive wheel in the workplace. This includes angle grinders, bench grinders and disc cutters.
Online Abrasive Wheels Training Course Objectives
This Abrasive Wheels Training Course is highly comprehensive and contains the following:
- Introduction to Abrasive Wheels - Here, a general overview of the course is provided.
- What do we mean by Abrasive Wheels? - The various definitions and classifications of abrasive wheels are explored, where and how they can be used, as well as selecting the right wheel for the job.
- Anatomy of Abrasive Wheels - This section looks at aspects such as the properties, grade, structure and components of abrasive wheels.
- The importance of selecting the right Abrasive Wheel - Here, we look at the importance of choosing the right wheel for work, the five types of issues commonly associated with using abrasive wheels, accidental damage that can occur and the specific hazards associated with the use of abrasive wheels.
- Abrasive Wheels Safety - This module focuses on legislation surrounding health and safety and the importance of using the right PPE.
- Safe Speeds - The safe speeds section looks at the maximum safe speeds for wheels, the importance of following the specifications and more.
- The Label - This part of the course explains how to read the label or blotter of the abrasive wheel, as this provides important information such as the type of wheel and its maximum safe speed. It also looks at the numbering and lettering on the wheel and what each item indicates.
- Proper Storage and Handling of Abrasive Wheels - Within this section, employees will learn about the importance of properly storing and handling abrasive wheels, as well as the consequences that arise in the event that guidelines aren’t followed.
- Guards - Here, the course explains the primary purpose that guards serve, wheel enclosure angles for fixed machines, guards for portable machines and more.
- Testing Abrasive Wheels - In this module, employees will learn when they should carry out testing on abrasive wheels and what they should check for (such as vibrations and acoustic ringing).
- Inspections of Abrasive Wheels - Finally, the course will look at the importance of regular abrasive wheel inspection and the general lifespan of abrasive wheels.
- Final Test - The final test will examine employees’ knowledge of the course information through the use of multiple-choice questions. You will be expected to obtain a minimum of 70% in order to pass the test and receive your certificate.
Abrasive Wheels Certificate
Upon the completion of this course, you will be able to instantly download your abrasive wheels training certificate as a PDF file and either print it off or email it to your employer as proof that you have successfully completed your training.
It's ideal for an audit trail as evidence that employees have completed and understood the abrasive wheels training course.
Benefits of our Online Abrasive Wheels Training
Our fully comprehensive online abrasive wheels training will benefit your business and employees in numerous ways, which include:
- Ensuring employees/contractors are trained in proper safety practices and in the use and maintenance of abrasive wheels
- Raising awareness of the risks associated with the use of abrasive wheels by improving their risk perception and encouraging better ownership of issues associated with working with abrasive wheels
- Reducing the risks associated with infrequent or one-off abrasive wheel tasks
- Low-cost, high-quality online abrasive wheel training
- A flexible online training system, which means that the course doesn't interfere with working hours and can be completed at a convenient time
- No costs for travelling to remote training centres to complete the abrasive wheels training course
- No overnight hotel/accommodation costs as the training course can be completed at home
When Can I Take the Abrasive Wheels Training Course?
The Abrasive Wheels Online Course can be taken at a time that best suits you, including outside of working hours, so as not to interfere with your business.
The course can be taken on a laptop, desktop or tablet and only takes approximately 90 minutes to complete, which means you can be certified in less than two hours!
Pricing & Purchasing
Discounted prices are available for bulk purchases of our online abrasive wheels training, as listed above! The discount will be calculated automatically at the checkout, so select the number of training courses that you require and make your purchase.
If you need further assistance with bulk purchases, then please contact us on 0121 756 7204 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.